I started off by going to Lowe's and having them cut an 10 foot long 2"x8" board into foot long pieces. When I got home I sanded the rough edges and then gently washed them with a wet rag. I bought spray paint by Rustoleum and sprayed all sides of the board. I think it took 2 solid coats with dry time to get the look I wanted. After letting them fully dry overnight, I started Mod Podging in the morning. I used Gorilla Glue to attach the painted knob on top and my hot glue gun to attach the flowers and magnet. For the ribbon on bottom I used a combo of spray adhesive and Aileen's tacky glue. I am not 100% satisfied with how the ribbon dried so I think I will try a different medium next time.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Wood Block Picture Frame
For Mother's Day I followed a tutorial I saw on Scrapbooksteals.com by Brie Pinales. The project was so much that I made one for myself, my Mom and my MIL. I just finished mine today and love it! I used my current favorite collections For the Record by Echo Park.
I started off by going to Lowe's and having them cut an 10 foot long 2"x8" board into foot long pieces. When I got home I sanded the rough edges and then gently washed them with a wet rag. I bought spray paint by Rustoleum and sprayed all sides of the board. I think it took 2 solid coats with dry time to get the look I wanted. After letting them fully dry overnight, I started Mod Podging in the morning. I used Gorilla Glue to attach the painted knob on top and my hot glue gun to attach the flowers and magnet. For the ribbon on bottom I used a combo of spray adhesive and Aileen's tacky glue. I am not 100% satisfied with how the ribbon dried so I think I will try a different medium next time.
I started off by going to Lowe's and having them cut an 10 foot long 2"x8" board into foot long pieces. When I got home I sanded the rough edges and then gently washed them with a wet rag. I bought spray paint by Rustoleum and sprayed all sides of the board. I think it took 2 solid coats with dry time to get the look I wanted. After letting them fully dry overnight, I started Mod Podging in the morning. I used Gorilla Glue to attach the painted knob on top and my hot glue gun to attach the flowers and magnet. For the ribbon on bottom I used a combo of spray adhesive and Aileen's tacky glue. I am not 100% satisfied with how the ribbon dried so I think I will try a different medium next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment