Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #12

I got a little nervous when I saw the twelfth challenge from the Paper Girls Challenge Blog. Mesh. I didn't have any mesh, never worked with mesh, didn't even know how to go about getting mesh. I sat there thinking about it for awhile when I remembered that my husband just recently fixed our screen on the sliding door. Screen material is mesh like. I had my medium and began to experiment. I tried spraying it with mist to leave a cool pattern, but it was too fine and the spray was undefined. Then I tried stamping with it which was a pretty good success. I also sewed the sprayed pieces onto cardstock and I liked that look too. Anyway, I created two cards with my mesh and I really enjoyed the process. Thanks for the challenge Challenge Girls!





stamped mesh on cardstock

Products used on card 1:
  • American Crafts Thickers Dolce
  • Jenni Bowlin Studio banner stickers
  • Crate Paper Restoration collection paper
  • Mister Huey's spray mist
  • WRMK Sew Easy
Products used on card 2:
  • stash cardstock
  • Echo Park This & That Charming stickers

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you really got into playing with your mesh! I love that you used the screen door scraps! Love love love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. screen door scraps!!!! Truly a phenomenal take on this challenge! Love the way the cards turned out.

    ReplyDelete