Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Authentique August Color Challenge

The color palette for Authentique's August color challenge had me running to the store to finally get some of the Genuine collection. I have been wanting these papers for so long and I was glad to get the excuse! I also grabbed a few pieces from my Gathering collection to get the jade elements into the layout. While I really like how this layout turned out it is somewhat of an enigma to me. From close up I feel like there are a ton of different embellishments and it looks overworked. When I look at it from a distance I feel like it looks plain and needs more embellishing. It must just be how well these colors work together so I had to stop myself from going crazy and just walk away.


 

I loved working on this page b/c I used so many different techniques. I pulled out my acrylic paint, Mister Huey's spray mists, WRMK Sew Easy, my star punch, and did a lot of fussy cutting. Plus, the pictures of my boys are just too cute. I could look at those kids all day...wait, I already do and they just keep getting more adorable. Here is my take on the color palette for the August challenge.







Products used in this layout:

  • Authentique
    • Genuine "friendship", "true", and "natural" papers
    • Genuine details stickers
    • Celebrate "together" paper
    • Blissful headlines
    • Gathering petite type square alpha stickers
    • Gathering 2-sided elements
    • Gathering "harmony" paper
  • Martha Stewart deep sea craft paint
  • WRMK Sew Easy floss
  • Mr. Huey's Passport and Manila spray mists
  • stash brads and buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment